Everyone is tirelessly waiting for this pandemic to come to an end. Although it doesn’t seem that that is going to happen in the near future, we all must find ways to keep ourselves sane. The coronavirus has put many restrictions on our daily lives, but the most missed activity all has to be socializing. This is something that we all are so accustomed to, and suddenly it all has come to a halt. We have come to realize that our old ways of socializing do not fit into this new lifestyle.
As we all know the lockdown situation is indefinite, we don’t know when it will lift and when it will be imposed. When the lockdown gets lifted it is still important to follow safety measures while being out. Here are some ways you can safely socialize during these times.
1. One friend at a time – Generally while going out, people like to gather all their friends and roam about, however, during these times it would be smarter to call one friend from your group at a time to hang out. Choose a safe setting to have a chat and keep distance as well.
- Go outside – It is significantly safer to go out if you want to be with a friend or a person that does not live in your household. Take a walk or a run and explore new places while you do so.
- Video-calling – We all engage in video calls for work, but you can do it with friends and family too. Make a group video call, play charades through video, or any other games you like. You can do all the things you would have done if you were meeting in person.
- Write letters – Try things the old way, write letters to people you want to interact with. There are many ways you can get creative with letter writing, try a few things. Writing can also help you keep your mental health in shape.
- Go Virtual – Since the pandemic began, there has been an increase in online activities, online classes, etc. Browse the net and find something that interests you. You can even make new friends by taking up something new and even ask your friends to join in.
Bonding with yourself
This is the perfect opportunity to get to know yourself better. Before the pandemic began, we all were so busy with our social lives and other things that we hardly took time for ourselves. Finding new ways to get to know yourself better is a good place to start. Take a moment to think about what you like to do without other people around. Make a list and try something new every day. The following are a few things you can start with.
- Exercising/Yoga – By starting to exercise and practicing yoga you will find your relationship with yourself becoming deeper. When you focus on your mind and body you will ultimately become the best version of yourself.
- Skill Development – Think of something you don’t know how to do. Look up ways to teach yourself or even find a class on it. Engage yourself in something, use your time wisely, and strengthen your brain power.
- Changing habits – We all have something about ourselves that we want to improve on. There might be something that you are doing every day that is not benefiting you. Change it! Find out what you think you can do better in your daily routine. For example, say you get up and drink coffee first thing in the morning. This can be bad for your health in the long run, so try to drink water before your coffee.
- Relaxation – While most people want to keep themselves busy all the time; it is equally important to find time for relaxation. Take a few moments at the end of your day to wind down. There are many yoga videos on YouTube that can get you ready for a peaceful evening.
These are rough times; we all are finding ways to adjust. Take this time to think about all of the things important to you and focus on what you want to do to better yourself. It’s hard to be without company of others or people that you wish to be with every day. But we have to keep our guards up and sacrifice a few things for the sake of our health and others’.